October 11, 2010

I'm Still There Somewhere

I had an entire weekend to myself.  No husband.  No kids.  No commitments.  No stress.  It was absolutely wonderful and, no, I didn't miss them.  No gasping in horror from the perfect mom corner or the perfect wife corner please!  It wasn't because I don't love them.  As I've mentioned before, I am seeking balance in my life.  I really needed to have some time to myself to discover whether or not I was still there underneath all the hats I wear everyday.  To my surprise and relief, I was.

I worked on a craft.  I took pictures.  I listened to music.  I drank wine.  I paid more attention to my surroundings and was, "in the moment."  I could smell the leaves and the lake.  I could hear the breeze.  I felt good.  I know I'm sounding a bit cheesy but I could do all these things, why?  Anyone?  Because I SLOWED DOWN.

The weekend came to an end with me being assured that no matter how crazy I get or my life gets, I'm still there somewhere.  And I don't have to wait for that once-a-year chance to enjoy all the things I love about me.  I just have to slow down more often.  It was a baby step in my quest for balance.

And since this is a collection of random thoughts from a random gal, I've decided to add more of my thoughts here.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to accomplish when I first started this blog and quite frankly I was a little afraid to share too much of myself.  But another thing I realized this weekend was that I miss writing.  I figure if writing (or blogging in this case) every once and a while can make me feel a little more balanced, then I'm gonna do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment