December 3, 2009

The Holidays Have Begun

Ahhh...It's December. Now I can feel good about shopping, decorating, Christmas music, and Christmas movies. I think it's a sin to do any of the above until the calendar rolls over to December (except maybe the shopping if I find a good deal).

So two Christmas things happened tonight. First, I attended my first holiday party at work. I've been there for almost five years and have never went. Why not, you may ask? I don't have a good reason. Perhaps laziness. I told my husband he was coming with me but in the end he bailed. Not really his bag. For a quick moment I thought about being a no-show again this year but then I thought, "Don't be silly!" Well, I'm here to say that I'm glad I did because the food was splendid and I won a $50 giftcard to a local grocery store. BONUS!! Beginner's luck, I'm sure.

Second, I watched The Polar Express. The first time I watched this movie, it was on a big screen TV with surround sound. It was so amazing and ever since it has been one of my favorite Christmas movies. It's all the wonder and excitment of Christmas. I find myself sitting inches away from the TV with my mouth wide open. My family says this is how they know when I really like a movie. Anyways, while I'm on the subject, here's a list of my favorite holiday movies:

1. The Polar Express
2. Christmas Vacation
3. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
4. A Christmas Story
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original and the Jim Carey version)
6. It's a Wonderful Life

I know. Pretty standard but they are a must for me this time of year. In fact, I think I'll go watch one now!

No comments:

Post a Comment