December 20, 2009

The Meaning Of Ornaments


I do love Christmas tree ornaments. One of our traditions is letting the kids pick out one ornament every year to add to the tree. As a result, I think we'll need to upgrade to a bigger tree next year! Anyways, I usually put the year that they picked them on the bottom of each ornament. Every year they put their own ornaments on the tree and usually the stories surrounding how they came to pick each are told.

We also remember other ornaments each year. The ones we get from family and friends. I have many special ornaments and cherish them all. The one pictured above is from one of my most special friends. She and I have been friends for eleven years now. We are so alike in many ways. We understand each other so well and I am lucky to have her in my life. People come in and out of our lives. The ones that stay are gifts from God. So when I see that glass heart on my tree along with all the other ornaments, I remember all the gifts in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment