At lunchtime, I thought I would ride my bike down to the lake and just soak in awesomeness for an hour. I sat on a bench and closed my eyes for a while. Then I strolled down the beach. I felt pretty blessed.
That particular space has a lot of memories for my family. We'd take our kids there all the time when they were tater tots and we didn't have our own backyard. I got a little sad looking at the playground. You know that feeling as a parent when it feels sad, nostalgic but warm? That was the one.

I remember when each my kids ran across the tops of the green tires by themselves for the first time, starting on the little ones and then trying the big ones. My daughter loved to pushed insanely high and fast on the tire swing. My son always running towards the beach to throw rocks in the water. Why do those memories always evoke tears? Are they tears of sadness or happiness? Sadness because those days are gone and happiness because you were lucky to have them? That's my guess.

No comments:
Post a Comment