So I heard there was going to be a magnificent meteor shower on Saturday night. I convinced my family to go out looking for it. I enticed them with a beach fire and, for my husband and I, some of our favorite brew. After sitting around the fire for almost an hour, my snarky daughter said, "This is what happens when you believe a Facebook post on meteor showers, mom." Rude.
I do believe we saw at least six shooting stars after that, two of which were seen by Miss Skeptical. And in between we had some family bonding time which we needed. It was fun!
Until the next morning when we realized the lighter fluid bottle wasn't closed all the way and had leaked in the trunk. Brilliant as a meteor, I tell ya.
i was kicking myself that i didn't get my lazy self off the couch and take aubri. i know your kids secretly liked it & BK ? ! does your car still smell like lighter fluid?
ReplyDeleteNo, thank God. Luckily we are slobs and leave lots of crap in the trunk we mean to throw away so it soaked up the fluid and we threw that out. I took the liner out of the trunk and washed and hosed it down.
Delete