We got some tickets for a beer and cheese tasting event at a local micro brew along with the local co-op. It sounded interesting. Usually it would be a wine and cheese event but they were free tickets given to us by a friend, we like beer, and we like cheese so what the heck...
The menu:
1. Belgian Wit and Donnay Dairy Organic Chevre (goat cheese)
2. Saison and Brie Couronne
3. Acer Rubrum (brown ale) and Old Amsterdam (Gouda)
4. Summit IPA and Carr Valley Applewood Smoked Cheddar
5. IPA and Roquefort
My Favorite Beer: Belgian Wit, Saison, and Acer Rubrum
My Favorite Cheese: Gouda, Smoked Cheddar, and Roquefort
I have to say the Roquefort is such an odd mix. It smells like a cow patty or as my husband said, "It smells like back home." But strangely enough I liked the strong taste. I do like blue cheese but this stuff is over the top.
The brewery we went to is in an old building that used to be a car garage, many times over. I feel a special connection to it because my grandpa worked there as a mechanic. My grama worked at the candy shop up the street. They met in that neighborhood. She would walk by the garage while he was on his breaks. Kind of romantic, I think. The brewery that is there now incorporates some of that history. Everything is recycled and reused. Bar stools are made of wood and old pipe. The bar has old tin roofing along the outside of it. The booths were going to be thrown away by another local business and were reupholstered with old army blankets. The list goes on and on. Super cool place.







No comments:
Post a Comment