March 7, 2012

Italian Sub Soup

We tried this one out last night.  How do you say, "Holy shit! That's unbelievable!," in Italian?  It was so good, I couldn't wait to get home tonight and have leftovers.

















Italian Sub Soup
1 pkg pepperoni, cut in half (I bought a 2-inch hunk at the deli)
1 pkg salami, cut in fourths (I didn't have this so I cut up some bologna)
1 pkg Canadian bacon
1 medium onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 28-oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
2 tsp. red pepper flakes (I did not use)
1 box chicken stock
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
1/2 - 1 bag of spinach
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Saute all the meat in olive oil and carmelize.  Add onion, green pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.  When onions are translucent, add stock, tomatoes, and spinach.  Reseason with salt and pepper.  Add honey and balsamic vinegar.

Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with garlic bread or whatever crusty bread you have.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my ...this sounds delicious...I will be making it this weekend! KB

    ReplyDelete