March 19, 2012

My Birthday Treasure Finds

My daughter and I have birthdays within four days of each other.  We both had some spending money and decided to hit some antique stores and thrift shops.   She had never been to any antique stores before and it was fun to watch out of the corner of my eye as she slowly started to wander off on her own and explore.  She found some things but didn't buy anything.  I, on the other hand, came home with many things.






I'm attracted to carnival glass whenever I hit one of these stores; yellow in particular because it reminds me of my Grama Marg.  She gave me a platter made out of it so it makes me think of her.  Green often times reminds me of my Grama Gentz because I have a bowl  made out of it that belonged to her and her mother before that (my great-grandmother). 

I'm also attracted to these carnival glass chicken bowls.  I've passed one up every time before so it was time that I brought one home.  Just something to put out at Thanksgiving.

I finally found an old stainless steel strainer and this one had cute little stars so.....SHAZAM!  It's mine.  And I'm a shoe girl and couldn't pass up the heels for a whopping $2.44. 

Finally, the Mason jars.  I'm not a jar expert and don't know if you can get these green ones anymore but whatever, I liked them.  I'm doing this with them:





I'll be using them out on my picnic table this summer.  I should also gather up some larger ones because I also want to do this:




Mine will probably be outside on the side of the garage as an herb garden.  This gal hung house plants inside with them.  Not a bad idea either.

2 comments:

  1. dang girl! you got some good stuff, i like carnival glass too. can't wait to see you in those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I am a dumbass. Circus glass? Really! I changed it immediately.

      Delete