May 8, 2011

May Showers Bring June Flowers

Yes that's a twist on the saying, "April showers bring May flowers," because here in the Yoop, we are a little behind weather wise and that's the norm.  Hell, last week it was snowing for God's sake! 

So far, Mother's Day is a bust for me.  My kids woke up so cranky and irritating that they didn't even bother wishing my a happy mother's day.  My sister couldn't get the webcam going on my mom's computer so we were unable to Skype.  And, I have a bellyache.  However, there are some bright points to this day. 

Sedum.  The best plants ever!  They are so low maintenance and they come up every year .

Yay!  Look at my tulips.  They are SO close to blooming.

This is my Mother's Day present.  Just what I wanted.  I planted some morning glory all around it that will vine all the way up (hopefully!)

Any, finally, this surprise came this morning.  It's a start that my friend gave me last summer.  Can't remember what it is just know that I actually squealed loud enough for my neighbor to hear me when I noticed it!

1 comment:

  1. Grape hyacinths...did you soak your morning glory seeds? i can't wait to see them grow!

    ReplyDelete