I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. This is one of my favorite soups to make. It actually ends up like a stoup, as Rachel Ray would say. Part stew, part soup. This is a recipe I saw on her show and it's definitely one of my all time favorite things to make in the fall and winter.
RIBOLLITA
2 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, diced
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 bayleaf
2 cans (15.5 oz) small white beans (I use Great Northerns)
6 cups chicken stock
2 cups tomato sauce
3 cups stale Italian bread, cut into squares, no crust (about 1/2 loaf)
1 cup parmesan or parmesan blend
In a pot heat olive oil and add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and bay leaf. Add salt and pepper. Add beans, stock, and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Add bread. Soup should be so thick, a wooden spoon sticks up straight in it. Serve with sprinkle of onions, olive oil, and parm cheese in each bowl. (I only add the cheese and sometimes onions).
Easy peasy and sooo good.
No comments:
Post a Comment