November 21, 2009

It Saves to Call

I know what it's like to be at work and get THAT call. The person on the other end who is upset because they're not getting what they want. I admit that when a person starts with an attitude, it's hard to help them. I want to say, "call back when you're nicer," and slam the phone down. So when I got our Charter bill and it was almost $40 more than usual, I myself became THAT call.

Initially that is. I decided I didn't want to be that way so I stewed over the situation for several days. I made the call today. I explained what had happened, that I didn't want to pay that much when I know others aren't, and that I wanted to know my options. I was careful not to cop a tude. The lady on the other end put me on hold for a while and then came back with a deal I couldn't refuse. My same bundle plus HBO for $50 less a month. Hot damn! I immediately said, "yes please," and sealed the deal. I also remembered to thank her for being so helpful. I think I heard her smile through the phone when she said, "you're welcome. Have a nice day." I had successfully avoided being THAT call and scored a deal too.

Moral of the story...be nice to those people who answer phones all day for a living. Many times you'll end up with a win-win ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment