Dear Bully Bitch,
Hello. Let me introduce myself. I'm the mother of the girl you loosely called a friend. You know...the one you tortured with hurtful words and twisted plots to alienate her from anyone wanting to be her true friend. The beautiful, independent, strong-willed young lady you slowly broke, making her feel small, unworthy, fat, ugly, insignificant. The one who holed herself up in her room day after day. The one who used every excuse in the book to stay home from school. The one whose grades started falling, who begged to take online classes in order to avoid your abuse. The one who didn't enjoy her senior year, who probably prayed that it would end. The one who suffered in silence because she didn't want to make it worse. The one who had all her friends turn their backs on her because they were too fearful to take a stand. Who could blame them, I guess. It was widely rumored that standing up to you would mean similar punishment.
I'm her mother. I brought her into this world and watched her dance to her own beat from day one. So imagine how I felt (difficult as it may be for you) when I saw her slip into this dark space for more than a year. Silly me. Why would you care? By then, you had turned all her friends against her, ripped her of her confidence, and were busy building up your "perfect life" on social media. You're lucky I didn't rip your face off.
It's been almost two years. She is finally returning to her true self. Finally has her confidence back now that she doesn't have your toxicity in her life. Your goal to completely destroy her didn't work. She's making a comeback. There was a time when I absolutely despised you. When I would have liked to have seen you suffer. Now, I sometimes feel pity for you. You were born into a chaotic life, I know. You are the result of your upbringing. You want people to feel the pain you have felt in your young life. It doesn't make it right. You always have a choice. You could have chosen to be a better person. I believe in your quiet moments, you know your wrong doings. God whispers them to you.
But mostly I don't think of you at all. What I think of is how my daughter found her way back to the light of life, stronger and smarter. She has gained an understanding of how not to treat people. She has learned what she doesn't want in a friend. She has learned what she can endure. She has found herself. She's taking her life back and has no time for anyone like you. She will go on and find her unique space in this world while you remain wicked and envious and shallow and lonely.
Good luck with that,
K
No comments:
Post a Comment