It's been a rocky couple of weeks here. My daughter had two friends die within a week of each other and both tragically. One in a snowboarding accident and the other shot himself. I've had to deal with tragic death in my life but never were two so close together. It has sucked as a parent to watch her have to deal with it. Young people think they are invincible. I heard her one friend question faith as a result and that saying that it was just that person's time to go. I guess I can't blame her or my daughter for thinking that way.
On the other hand, it was heartwarming to watch my daughter and her friends rally together. Keeping each other company and being extra kind to each other. They did exactly the right thing and really the only thing they could do. Just love each other.
I told my daughter that from here on out it's important to live the life that her two friends won't be able to on earth. Be grateful and keep them in mind when she's doing something fun, when she reaches a goal, when she hits a milestone, when she finishes a chapter. I hope she listened.
No comments:
Post a Comment