It's true. Marriage does not guarantee forever. I'm not cynical; I'm just keeping it real. My husband and I are both from divorced families. Many of my friends are divorced. Many of my kids' friends' parents are divorced. Hell, MANY couples are married, miserable and wishing they were divorced!
So why, when we're putting on the fancy attire and carrying the flowers and slipping rings on fingers do we somehow get it in our minds that it's forever? Because God said so? Because the Pope says so? Because "they" say so? Who the hell is "they" anyway? If you take into consideration the national studies done, I'll bet 60 percent of they are divorced.
I'm not trying to be depressing or foreboding here. I just had a thought this morning that if, when we're first married, we realize that marriage doesn't guarantee forever, we might try a little harder to take care of each other and be kind to each other and make each other happy more often from the beginning.
Just a random thought from a random girl...
No comments:
Post a Comment