So I've been trying to conquer some home improvement projects this winter. Plus I feel the need to tap into my creative nature. It makes me happy and relaxed and forces me to be mindful of my own life. I needed new wall art. I kept seeing things I liked but couldn't justify the price. So that's when I went to work on my own art. Pinterest is marvelous if you need to get inspired. I saw this pattern and practiced drawing it like a hundred times on paper. I drew these with chalk first and then went over that with metallic permanent marker. Any chalk still on the canvas just wipes off. Then I used craft paint for the inside feather detail.
Looking at this shot, I realize I want to hang them closer together. The art I had there before was larger. Or maybe I need to try my hand at making some wood frames...hmmm.
I LOVE these ! you did a great job, the color is beautiful. I agree wood frames, you could totally do this yourself. A piece of decorative trim...oh ya
ReplyDeletewhat if you make two more and skip the frame? I think these are so great
ReplyDelete