I can't believe I forgot to post about this year's trip to Cedar Point. It was a month ago! Better late than never.
Last year we brought our kids to Cedar Point for the first time and now they are ruined. They will probably never want to go to any other amusement park again. We all had so much fun. We promised to return but not this year. Maybe the next year, we said...until one day our daughter announced that she and her friend were going to try and get down to Cedar Point themselves (with the help of my brother-in-law, the coaster fanatic). The next day, I came home from work to find two pouting faces at the kitchen table: my daughter and my HUSBAND! Pleasssse, we should go too.
I'm the money worry wart in our house. I kept thinking about our daughter's senior year and all the expenses that come with it. But through some coaxing on his part and a promise to only go for one day instead of two, I agreed. Life is short. The kids are getting older. Why not. I'm so glad he talked me into it.
It really is a bonding experience for all of us. Lots of memories made. I spent last weekend watching my grama slowly fading away. I know that for her, now, things and money don't matter. Family and memories made with them are what stay with you as you reach the end of your life. So I'm doing more of this stuff because that's what makes us rich in the end.





No comments:
Post a Comment