It was an awesome time! I don't think my kids truly understood the enormity of the city until they got there. I got a sweet deal on room at the Sheraton Towers.
We made it to the Skydeck...



Shedd Aquarium...

And, of course, The Bean.

My son loved the Skydeck and the pool at the hotel. Neither of my kids were impressed with the aquarium. And, of course, my daughter and I did plenty of shopping. I mean shop until we had to hobble back to the hotel. My husband and I saw a semi-celebrity. A man from "My Strange Addiction" who is obsessed with plastic surgery and wants to look like a ken doll.
We ate at Food Life, Red Mango and Hot Woks Cool Sushi. We also stopped at Garrett Popcorn...twice. It's addicting.
We got approached by Save the Children, homosexual rights and vegan activists and homeless people looking for money. We rode in three cabs, one of which smelled like piss. We saw where a movie was being filmed on Michigan Avenue. My husband got asked to buy a man a Chick-Fil-A sandwich twice and got offered a shoe shine by another man even though he was wearing sneakers. I got called a cheap ass by a cab driver. We got the full city experience.





No comments:
Post a Comment