October 13, 2013

My Weekend With Me

Every year, or almost every year, my family leaves for the weekend to go hunting.  I get hounded by my husband to go along to visit family because he loves all of us being together but I selfishly decline.  I LOVE a weekend alone with myself.  Don't get me wrong.  Love my husband.  Loves my kids.  But I love myself too and sometimes I need to nurture my soul.  A big bed to myself.  No supper time rush after work.  I can listen to my music and watch my shows on TV.  I can visit with my friends or check in on my grandparents.  The point is, I can do whatever I want to do minus a need-to list shuffled in the mix.

So during my marvelous weekend I:

Friday
* Left work early cuz my boss said I could (bonus!)

* Spontaneously met my dear friend for a few beers and great conversation

* Slept in the middle of my bed with no fan on (hubby always has to have it on) and the window wide open

Saturday
* Sat on the beach and watched the sunrise with my dog

* Raked some leaves

* Changed the air filter and the brake light on my car

* Went shopping and FINALLY bought myself a pair of tall black boots and a pair of running shoes

* Visited my grampa, aunt, and cousin.  Stayed for supper.

* Listened to some music and sang loud with the windows open

* Made popcorn and watched a movie on Netflix

Sunday
* Made cinnamon rolls

* Took a walk with my dog in the woods

* Drank a glass of wine and watched an episode of Revenge

* Went for a long bike ride

* Drank another glass of glass of wine and watched more Revenge

* Sent an email to my supervisor and told her I would be late to work in the morning (she knew this might happen; it's not from the wine!)

I am refreshed and recharged.  Life.  Is.  Good.




1 comment:

  1. what a great weekend! i can't wait to see your boots

    ReplyDelete