November 14, 2012

Asian Beef Noodle Soup

I just realized that a majority of my recipes on this blog are for soup!  Note to self:  Non-soup recipe next time.

Anyway, I have a church cookbook that I use frequently.  Church cookbooks are among the best, by the way.  I have always breezed past this one but no longer.  It was a hit with the family.


Asian Beef Noodle Soup

2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or sesame oil)
6 oz. boneless beef sirloin, cut into bite size strips (I used stew meat)
1 red bell pepper
3-4 green onions, sliced
4 1/2 cups water
2 pkgs. oriental flavor Ramen noodles

In large pot heat oil.  Add beef, pepper and onion.  Cook and stir until beef is no longer pink.  Stir in water and contents of ramen seasoning packets.  Bring to a boil.  Break up ramen noodles and add to pot.  Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.

Serves 4




No comments:

Post a Comment