September 24, 2011

Bathroom Project

What is it about your mother coming to visit that kicks you in the butt and  makes you finish projects that  you started (in your head) a long time ago?  Anyways, this is what my bathroom has looked like since we moved in...over a year ago.  Blah!



Got those lights, by the way, a while ago at Menards on super clearance.  Moving on.  I wanted a spa look.  White and maybe a light green or aqua.  My daughter protested and said we already have enough turquoise.  WHAT!  There is never enough turquoise.  That's why it's great to have two bathrooms.  I will do my bathroom upstairs that color next.  My daughter suggested yellow so I said ok.  I wanted a pale yellow.  She said that looks too much like the cream color we have in the living room.  So I taped a bunch of shades of yellow to the wall and everyone voted.  Surprisingly we all chose the same one!  (I wish supper was that easy).  I was worried that the yellow was too rich but with the black and gray touches, I'm digging it.  Here's the result...


This is a more accurate sample of the color.  The one below makes it look lighter.



Got these hooks on clearance at Target for $1.48.  Score!  I may buy some yellow fabric paint and paint some of the leaves with it.  I will also add a yellow rug and towels soon.

3 comments:

  1. Kristi--the bathroom looks perfect! I really like the shower curtain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! it looks great, good job and i love the shower curtain you are such a great shopper

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH TURQUOISE!

    ReplyDelete